The Atlanta Gold Project, located in Lincoln Country, Nevada, produced 110,000 oz. gold and 800,000 oz. silver as an open pit mine in operation from 1975 – 1985. The Project continues to benefit from historical infrastructure – power, water and roads – all of which remains in place. Meadow Bay Gold has successfully completed an initial 2011 drill program at the Atlanta Gold Project that included discovering gold porphyry mineralization as well as confirming and expanding previous exploration by Gold Fields Resources and Kinross Gold. In March 2013, the Company released a mineral resource estimate using both the 2011 drill program and previous drill results. Meadow Bay intends to continue to explore and to develop the Atlanta Gold Project and move the project toward a production decision.
Highlights Atlanta Mine Project:
- Past open pit production -110,000 oz. gold, 800,000 oz. silver (1975 – 1985)
- NI 43-101 Resource Estimate for existing pit area completed by Gustavson Associates in March 2013.
- Potential to add to existing resource in Atlanta Fault Zone & newly discovered gold porphyry
- Current land position controls the Atlanta Mine District including over 12,000 acres of patented & unpatented claims
- Infrastructure includes electricity to the mine, roads and abundant water supply
- Located in Nevada, one of the world’s most favorable mining jurisdictions